CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.07.2008

brick by brick


If you couldn't tell from my crayon post, I love art that's made with nontraditional materials- toys especially! A friend recently turned me on to Nathan Sawaya and his "Brick Art" which is made out of, you guessed it, LEGOS.

I was never much of a Lego genius as a child, that was more my brother's specialty, but I've always appreciated the talents of others. Turning little rectangle bricks into replications of everything from iPhones to a life size replica of Stephen Colbert has gained Sawywa recognition from some unlikely sources. Donald Trump recently commissioned Sawya to create a replica of a hotel complex that he's building in Dubai.

Makes you wonder why you stopped playing with toys, right? To see more of his work visit Sawaya's website and check to see if "The Art of the Brick" tour will be coming to a city near you.



1 comments:

Tala said...

i love this guy- the last picture is one of my favorites- it's so amazing!