CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.06.2008

book smarts


I have a new respect for James Franco and it has nothing to do with Freaks and Geeks, Spiderman or Pineapple Express.









He's quite the Renaissance man.

In May, I remember being impressed that he had gone back to college and was proudly graduating from UCLA, at the tender age of 30, with a Bachelor's degree in English. But I was really, really, impressed to find out that this fall James will be attending Columbia to pursue a MFA through their Writing Program.

So the next time my parents get on my case about going to graduate school, I'm going to cite James Franco as an example of successfully taking the road less traveled. School will always be there, waiting...

Did that sound convincing?

1 comments:

Porcelain Garden said...

I'll be sure to use that too! I still haven't even gone back and gotten my originally intended degree.....