CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.28.2008

she's baaack!

In the summer's most unsurprising news, M.I.A. has just announced that she's coming out of retirement. [Insert gun shot sound effects...NOW].

Well, [Bonaroo] it was my last ever show. And it still is. I stopped touring after that and I didn’t want to make music again. I was quite happy to just leave it all behind. I was happy with what I had achieved. Now, with the success of “Paper Planes,” there’s pull for me to make another record. Even my mum believes in me more [laughs]. It’s a nice encouragement. But I was planning my life as a fishing woman on the outskirts of Cambodia. That’s a joke.

Click here for more of her interview at Entertainment Weekly.
Even her Mama wanted her to make at least one more album. I'm pleased but I also want to make an appeal for her to return to some of the magic she had in the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I love Kala.
I just think her old videos > Paper Planes.

More fun for the people.


If I could embed Galang, I would.


M. I. A. - Bucky Done Gun


M. I. A. - Sunshowers


This is good though:


M.I.A. - Boyz

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could the world continue to turn without her?!? Scratch that-how could my IPod go on without her? I think it would break itself out of sorrow were she to quit the biz! You are right though-Kala is amazing (certainly light years better than most other cookie cutter artists), but Arular was indescribably great.
Also I would love to link exchange with you. I will add you to my roll right now.