CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.10.2008

want something to do this weekend?

for all you new york heads reading the blog, I highly suggest trekking to the Met and checking out two current exhibits that are sure to be fun and interesting.

1. The Essential Art of African Textiles: Design Without End

I'm SO excited about this. As Jillian has mentioned before, we are both big fans of African textiles, and I'm happy to hear that this largely important cultural custom is being brought into the mainstream consciousness.

The exhibit honors the beautiful tradition of textiles, which exists throughout Africa with a series of sculptures, paintings, photographs, installation pieces, videos and other media.


2. Babar

The Met has dedicated two of its rooms for a retrospective on one of my all time favorite children's stories. I don't know about you, but I grew up loving Babar and my early childhood consisted of everything from the books to the stuffed animals to a cozy bedspread. I am super excited to check out this exhibit and pretend I'm three years old again. Those were the days.









Enjoy the weekend!

1 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Oh yes saw this in the NY Times - definitely worth a trip into the city!!

xoxox,
CC