CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11.16.2008

long time no blog

Sorry I've been m.i.a. recently. Life has been a little on the hectic side (I'm still trying to piece things together and refocus...) but I haven't forgotten about you all! I thought I'd take some time to share this little jem that I posted over on the JC Report the other day. It's a wonderful article on Newsweek which tackles the question of how the now global recession will impact our lives. More specifically, it digs deeper into the impact that clothing and fashion hold in our daily lives (something I've been thinking a lot about these days) and suggests that perhaps this recession is a blessing in disguise, a way to make us face the realities of the high consumption, image obsessed society in which we live. Recession as a moment of reflection, as a time to refocus and re-center ourselves... I don't know about you- but I'm into it. Click here to read the article and let me know what you think.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great article!

xoxo,
La C