CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.21.2008

take a bow


For years Steven Meisel has worked his magic for Vogue, specifically Vogue Italia, gifting fashion lovers with intricate editorial after enticingly intricate editorial. He's also a close friend of Madonna's and is responsible for the photographs in her book, Sex.

And yet
, Meisel is probably one of the most anonymous people in the industry despite his extreme importance. I use the word 'anonymous' loosely. Very loosely. The sheer quantity of his work alone should make him a household name. But as I've always said - fashion photographers do not get enough credit for their role in making the world go round and so I'll do my small part to change that. While we all anxiously await the release of the "all-Black" edition of Vogue Italia, I thought I would share one of my all time favorite editorial spreads that Meisel did for Vogue Italia in December of 2007.









Images courtesy of fashionaddictdiary.

0 comments: