CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.07.2008

haute stuff

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a sucker for all things handmade, ESPECIALLY when they are made so delicately and beautifully. What makes couture so amazing, to me, is the freedom it allots the creator- your only limitations are those of your two hands and your imagination. Anything is possible- with the right attitude and right team behind you, and the results never seem to disappoint, even if the overall aesthetic is a little fantastical or purely for show. Of course, my wallet tends to stand in the way of tasting these delicious goodies, but a girl can hope, can't she?

here's my little overview of the crème de la crème at this fall's couture shows

Alessandra Facchinetti for Valentino


featured rich colors and a sophisticated, elegant look.

Jean Paul Gaultier


I love how Gaultier seems to innately need to push the limitations and boundaries of fashion. I also love his use of color and the cage theme that ran throughout this collection.

Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy


gave us a look at understated chic. All these pieces were designed with the wearer in mind.

Elie Saab


and glamorous eveningwear seem to go hand in hand.

Christian Lacroix

never fails to produce something funky and different. I'm loving all the oversize coats.

John Galliano for Christian Dior


featured beautiful shapes and delicate details. The overall aesthetic is very pleasing.

Giorgio Armani Privé


Perhaps the pantsuit theme was an homage to the late Yves Saint Laurent. Whatever the case, it's very chic.

and you can check out some of the looks at chanel on jillian's post.

enjoy!

photos courtesy of WWD.com

4 comments:

Richel said...

I love hand made pieces. They just have a lot more character to them!

Couture Carrie said...

Fantastic post! Very well edited selection of photos... And I totally agree with your commentary. I especially loved those cages at Gaultier; just when you think jp can't get any crazier! Would love to trade links with you :)

Tala said...

couturecarrie- thanks for the compliment! also, i'd love to trade links- your blog is fantastic

Unknown said...

oh, man, oh man, I loved the armani collection the best. I've been meaning to post my faves (some of which you've included). I just think the richness in texture and cuts work sooo well! and I agree, they do resemble YSL quite a bit.