CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.02.2008

Oh, Couture!

I have a confession: the most difficult task that I accomplished today was picking out my favorite looks from the just released pictures of Chanel's Fall '08 couture line. Be still my most unworthy unemployed heart.

While most of us can only dream of touching these gowns, I bet it won't be long until Katie Holmes is spotted in one - further fueling tabloid rumors that she's a cyborg-alien-robot. In my mind, however, the most important reaction will be that of Anna Wintour. These models have her hair cut- right? I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that thinks that. Do you think she'll be flattered?


The notorious editor of American Vogue , who inspired the role of Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, wore a gown to the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Gala that looks like it could fit in perfectly with Chanel's latest couture designs. The theme for the event was Superheros and although Wintour was one of the few who actually went with the theme, she received a lot of negative press over her outfit. I have a feeling these designs will fair much better.

The Chanel show ended with designer Karl Lagerfeld coming out and thanking the crowd along with his bodygaurd who was sporting a yellow vest- a nod to the French road safety ad that Lagerfeld appears in.





Photos courtesy of NY Mag and NY Post.

0 comments: