CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.13.2008

battle of the hipsters

I love to listen to people discuss the formerly unofficial feud between LA and NYC hipsters. If you foolishly thought that all hipsters were of the same clan, Radar is ready to set you straight. Those implicated in this article may or may not find this to be hilarious.


Perhaps nowhere is this more evident than the summer-long Wednesday night parties at L.E.S. club Lit. Crossroads high school graduate and NYU student Harley Viera Newton serves as DJ to a slew of her slouching hometown comrades. There are even a few New Yorkers willing to brave the fake glasses and gladiator sandals of their Los Angeles counterparts in order to half-dance-half-slouch while The Angels' "My Boyfriend's Back" blasts from the sound booth. Says one L.A. kid, "I feel like I knew half the people there. I saw like nine people who went to my high school. It was cool."
Read the full article here at Radar Online.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS HILARIOUS