CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.07.2008

"Open Your Fucking Minds"

Kanye West paused for a few minutes during his Glow In The Dark performance at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday to let the people know how he feels about homophobia. The rough transcript of his message and a video clip of him talking can be found bellow.


"Open your fucking minds. Open your minds. Be accepting of different people and let people be who they are... You know how many people came to me calling me gay cause I wear my jeans the fresh way? Or because I said hey, dude, how you gonna say 'fag' right in front of a gay dude's face and act like that's ok. That shit is disrespectful. And it took me time to learn that. Coming from Chicago, where if you saw somebody that was gay you were supppoed to stay ten feet away. It should be time to break out of the intuitions that I was sayin', the steretypes, or the fear, the backlash that I would get if you don't believe in what I believe in, acceptin' people for who they are...they're very talented and if they do something special in the world and they're discriminated. I've flown across the world y'all, and I've come back here to tell you — open your minds and live a happier life..." Source: Towleroad
Kanye West is one of the most important civil rights leaders of our time!Okay, so that's a definite exaggeration but let's not forget Kanye's other social justice outburst from a few years back. You know, the George Bush doesn't care about Black people incident:


Kanye West makes Mike Myers and a large portion of America
uncomfortable with his special brand of honesty.


I love to make fun of the dude for all his eccentricities but at least he's standing up for a good cause even if the presentation leaves a little to be desired.

1 comments:

Caroline said...

and this is why we love Yeezy. My mom and I were just reminiscing about this clip like last week because we LOVED it, still love it and it makes us cry from laughing so hard everytime.